Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Decisions, decisions


decision
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
Instead of the many productive things I could be doing, I am trying to make a decision that does not need to be made for over a month.

The pattern calls for blending filament to be used. It looks like it'll be part of a spiral that goes down the leg and around the foot. It is meant to add a little bling to the socks (it's a Las Vegas theme).

I don't think the silver (far left) goes well with the yarn, so I dug out some other fibers. The next one in is copper. It's a closer match than silver but it still shows up well. Next is gold, which really doesn't look much better than silver.

Then we have the glow-in-the-dark colors. The white pretty much disappears in normal light. The yellow has way to much green in it and doesn't work at all. The orange isn't as obnoxious as a single strand as it is on the spool and it almost blends with the yarn.

I think I'll swatch both the copper and orange glow.

No comments: