Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Squares squared


This is week 4 of the Paint Box Quilt-along. It's still green. Note to self: just like the carpenters, measure twice, cut once.

I'm also doing a Granny Square a Day. In theory, it's a square a day for a year. In practice, not quite so many. I want this to be fun, so I'm not going to do a square on a day I don't want to do one. I don't need 365 squares, so skipping days is also practical. Right now I'm working my way through a pattern book of what they call crocheted medallions. I'm attempting to make all of the squares the same size. This involves extra time around using the pattern I'm working on if I'm feeling adventurous. If I'm not, it involves boring rounds of single or double crochet. My goal is to use good stuff exclusively (no Red Heart or its squeaky little friends). I've got tons of leftover worsted weight and some bits of my own handspun. I expect to have to buy yarn in a single color to put all the squares together, but I've got months to think about that.

No comments: