Monday, February 15, 2010

Ravelympics - Day 4


ikchartc
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
This is the Iron Knitter sock I worked on yesterday. It's called The Shop Around the Corner or something like that. Can you see the little buildings? I'm pleased with how much better my two-color work came out on this. The only required pattered portion of the sock is what you see here. There's a chart for continuing the bottom section of the pattern all over the foot. Unfortunately, I chose a contrasting yarn that I don't have enough of to do the whole foot in pattern.

I put this sock on holders and have started the second sock. I'll split whatever yarn remains and do the pattern on the top of each foot until it runs out.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I decided last year never to do any colourwork again because I really don't like it. But these socks. I so like the shops.

Paula said...

I get frustrated with it because I can't get the darn tension right. There's something about following a chart and having a picture or pattern appear that amuses me, though.

Shirley said...

I read that it helps with the tension to knit from the inside. I haven't tried it as I'm not doing any more colourwork but if I ever do, I'm hoping it will help. I wish I'd read this tip before I last knit with more than one colour, if it works that is.