Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ravelympics - Day 2


day21310
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
You know the thing about plans? They change.

The Iron Knitter sock pattern I'd planned on working on won't be released until later today. This meant that I cast on the Imagine sweater last night. While I was watching the opening ceremony, a couple of things happened to modify the master plan again. I knit about 7" of stockinette on the sweater back and got really bored (see picture). I knew this would happen, which is why quicker projects were worked into the plan. Then I saw the hats that Team USA was wearing and I became obsessed with finding a pattern so I could make one. You too? Go to Ravelry and look up Olympic Reindeer Hat. Somone reverse-engineered it and is offering the pattern for free.

Since I actually had the right weight and close-enough colors in my stash, I dropped the sweater and started in on the hat. The blue in the hat's really close to the blue in the sweater, so maybe that will help motivate me to work on it some more.

1 comment:

The Doctors Wife said...

I too thought they were cute hats. thanks for posting where to find the pattern.