Sunday, February 21, 2010

Good fibery stuff I found online

It has been a good couple of weeks for stuff coming in the mail:

  • Turtlepurl's yarns and notions is a shop I happened upon via Twitter. The proprietor was offering a one month Hope for Haiti yarn club, with a portion of the proceeds going to the relief effort. The offer is still available, and I'd recommend it. The sock yarn is Haiti-inspired, multicolored, and gorgeous. There are other goodies including stitch markers and Charteze. Charteze is a set of clever magnetic thingys that help you keep your place on a chart. If you don't do charts, they can also be used to keep your place if you're working on a pattern with row-by-row instructions. I like them very much. Shipping to the USA from Canada can sometimes be slow, but my package came much faster than I expected. Check out the club and the other things in her shop.
  • I needed wanted some cat print fabric for a little project. The are about a quadrillion online fabric shops and I was in no mood to go digging for just what I wanted. A little Googling brought me to the fabric shoppe at Meowscape.com. There were many choices and I ended up buying several I couldn't possibly live without. There's a half-yard minimum, with very reasonable prices and shipping. The fabric was shipped promptly. Cat fabric is probably not something everyone wants, but if you do want some, go here.
  • I had a lot of fun doing a mystery knit along from the Knitters Brewing Co.. When a repeat of a previous mystery knitalong was announced for next month, I decided I would do it. I also chose to buy their kit for the socks. My skein of Sorority Party Pink (there are several other colors available) arrived with the coordinating pink beads, the first part of the sock pattern, and a cute I (heart) 2 Knit cell phone leash. The yarn's a semisolid superwash wool/nylon blend in a generous 480 yard skein. Wendy's got all sorts of knitting goodies on her site and I'll definitely be going back there.
  • Last but not least is Kim deBroin Mailhot of the Queen of Arts Studio. She participated in the One World One Heart event and I was delighted to be one of the winners from her blog. I was lucky enough to get my favorite piece, a pink batik bird. Thanks, Kim!

No comments: