Friday, February 19, 2010

Ravelympics - Day 8

I've been reading a bunch of posts and looking at a bunch of pictures of the Team USA moose elk reindeer hats. I originally wanted to do as accurate a copy as possible. I've now decided that enough is enough and I'm just going to finish the darn thing.

The band at the bottom of the hat goes all the way around on the team hats. On the pattern I have, it's two pieces separated by plain knitting. I got the two piece version right the second time and I'm not frogging it again.

The next section is animals and trees in intarsia. I've frogged this at least twice because it came out badly. I'm knitting it plain white and will be doing the design in duplicate stitch. The originals have more/thicker trees. I'm adding two trees but not changing their size. Some people are knitting the mating moose chart instead of the animals from the original. I think that's funny, but I'm not going to do it. As for where the original says POLO? Mine will say PAULA.

The last two bands are stranded knitting. I got some good practice with the Iron Knitter socks, so I'm cautiously optimistic that they can be performed without incident. Stay tuned.

No comments: