Monday, December 14, 2009

Yarn Hunt

Today's hunt involved yarn from opposite ends of the fiber spectrum. One was silver furry eyelashy yarn. The person who had it on Ravelry couldn't find it in her stash. I've been there before. I think that no matter how organized you are, the yarn gets up and sneaks away when you aren't looking. I tried Joann and Michaels for a substitute without success. Since I was only doing the Kitschmas tree for fun, I decided to rework it with the yarn I already have.

The other target was an unusual shade of pine green wool. I found some Rowan yarn would've been a perfect match, but it would also have cost nearly $100 for what I needed. No way was THAT going to happen. I gave one last look around and happened upon Malabrigo worsted in the Forest colorway. Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner! I needed three skeins. I Googled around and found a place online that had it. I prefer to support my local shops but a) my local shop only had one skein and b) the online shop's price was cheaper, even if you factor in the shipping. Sorry, LYS.

My fingers are crossed that the color I get is close to the one I saw in person.

No comments: