Friday, March 20, 2009

Moving on

::picking up pile of project bags and moving from the competition side of Sock Madness Arena to the knit-along side::

It was the rules that got me. They require that a picture be posted of completed socks on adult human feet. That means whatever socks are knit must fit me since I'm the only adult human here. The first pattern has a German Twisted cast-on. The rules require that one use said cast-on to make the socks. Despite the reputed elasticity of this cast-on, it does not stretch enough to make socks I can wear.

I've got FOUR partially knit pairs of socks at the moment. I got two Cookie A patterns in the mail today. The Intentions swap should be supplying a couple more patterns, maybe even today. Do I complete a sock? No. Do I pick up a pattern I already own? No. I read a post on the Yarn Harlot's blog about a pair of Battlestar Galactica-inspired socks. Tonight's the last episode ever, so I had to buy the Viper Pilots pattern so I could start them tonight. I'm off to stash dive for the perfect yarn.

No comments: