Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Knitting Lessons

I have learned a number of things while working on this sweater.

1.  If one is knitting the entire body of a sweater at once, use metal needles.  I started with wooden tips and one snapped.  The Addi Turbos I got as a replacement work much better.

2.  If one is doing a big project with many colors, ALL of the yarns must be of the same type from the same manufacturer.  The unintended texture may block out.  I hope so.

3.  If one uses colors as written, it might not be a good idea.  The sweater is from The Vintage Shetland Project.  I wanted to stay true to the vintage colors.  They aren’t exactly my favorites, though.  If I find myself in this position again, I will pick my own colors.

4.  I will use a different manufacturer’s yarn. I won’t identify where most of this came from.   If the reader has been visiting knitting social media recently, you know what it is.   People who want to be hateful can do it with someone else’s money.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

It's looking good....and yeah I have some of that yarn, but purposely bought different yarn for the baby sweaters I need to make...