Friday, September 9, 2016

Stash Enhancement Saturday

It's close to Saturday and I've got this yarn piled up next to the computer, so what the heck.

I got the Zauberball that I meant to get and the Laceball that I got by mistake.  You can see that the colors are so close that someone not paying careful attention might buy the wrong weight.
The colorway is called Bunte Gasse which the Interwebs tells me translates as Colorful Alley.  I don't know what I'll do with the laceweight.  The tag says it is "Good for scarfs.  Start balls from outerside."  Okay.  I now want a scarf pattern for laceweight yarn that utilizes long gradual color changes.

This is Cheshire Cat from Wonderland Yarns.  It looked pinkish on my monitor but in real life it's a bit closer to caramel and darker than the picture shows.
I plan to use it for the Coffee Cantata socks, so the color should be good for that.

This is the Arne & Carlos yarn.  It looked a little bit lavender on my monitor but those areas are pale blue in real life.
I wonder how long it will be before I go hunting for the other new colorways?

The other half of the Design Line Special Edition that the A&C yarn is part of are some colorways by Kaffe Fassett.  I got one.




Back to the needles.  I've got to knit up some old stuff to attempt to justify these new yarns.



1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I'm going to do one a bit later..it's 5:30 am and too dark to take pics....I just got a bunch in....and I have two zauberballs of the same color and one is laceweight...and I just placed an order at The Loopy Ewe