Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Work almost in progress

My WIPs are the same this week as last week with a little more done on each of them.

I have a plan for Ravellenics.  That's the thing on Ravelry that runs concurrently with a certain event that occurs next month in Rio.  My goal is to use up abandoned yarns and projects.  I think I posted about the scarf I'm doing.  It was originally going to be an afghan but I couldn't get gauge on the yarn I wanted to use.
I've decided to do a stripe per day during the event.  The yarns I chose were all from deep in my stash.  One has been around for 8 years.

Then some people on Team TARDIS started talking about using Vincent and The Doctor yarn for their projects.  This is a colorway by Quaere Fiber.  I have three balls of it in my stash.  It was for a shawl that didn't work out.
I found a free shawl pattern called Vortex that looks like it will work out fine.  I have no idea if there will be enough time to finish it along with the scarf.  At least it will get enough of a start that it should be finished soon.

Sounds a bit like famous last words.  Hee hee.

No comments: