Sunday, June 14, 2015

Knit something or post something?

I pick post something.  Projects are at an awkward stage.  The only one that's actually in progress is a double knit scarf that I don't want to work on.  I'm not ready to start in on the Arts & Crafts blanket.  My sewing machine is misbehaving, which means sewing projects are on hold.

I saw a cute tea cosy that someone posted on Twitter.  I couldn't find a pattern for it, so I made one up.  I did a different decoration on it because I had the flower shell buttons that match the teapot.  It may not look like it in the picture, but they do match in real life.  Actually the whole thing looks better in real life.  Camera and I have not been playing well together.
When I hit one of these stages with projects, things start mysteriously showing up in the mail.  The reasons aren't actually that mysterious.  The upcoming box of goodies from Knit Picks are for things in my Ravelry queue.  The Mochi-Mochi book has been on order for ages.  The skeins from Mountain Girl Yarns are there because I saw them on somebody's blog.
 The book's great if you're into making tiny cute things.  There are three stories featuring Anna Hrachovec's charming designs.  There are 25 patterns for making things featured in the stories.   I'm most tempted by the rainbow bird and a tiny microwave.

The yarns are very nice hand paints.  I have no immediate plans for them.  Maybe I'll just sit here and pet them until I decide what to do next.

No comments: