Wednesday, May 20, 2015

WIP Wednesday

Mystery afghan's square is done.  It looks a lot like many of the previous ones, so no picture.  I'm using up the leftovers from my Central Park Hoodie for this and the yarn's almost used up.

Ravelry recommendations turned up another fun-sounding mystery KAL.  You make a mystery yarn ball of various weights and then we get a pattern.  I think it's going to be a shawl.  Here are my mystery cakes:
I think my yarn pieces are a bit longer than required.  I used up bits of handspun made from fiber samples.

I started a pair of mittens for my Doctor Who swap partner:
Those are sonic screwdrivers on the bottom and a bunch of tiny Tardises on the palm.  The back of one hand says Wibbly Wobbly and the other says Timey Wimey.

I made a weeping angel, also for my swap partner:

I'm not confident about her.  I'm thinking about repainting her eyes so they are closer to the yarn color.  The wings could use a bit of blocking.  I was thinking about doing a couple more by the same designer that my swappee wants, but want them to come out well.  Grumble, grumble, grumble.  It's back to the mittens or maybe a mini K-9.  I know I can do that one.



No comments: