Saturday, May 2, 2015

Seestra Socks

I enjoy watching Orphan Black, a show on BBC America.  Tatiana Maslany is the lead and does an amazing job.  She plays multiple characters and I actually forget that it is only one person playing all of these parts.  Normally when I watch something with a single actor doing multiple parts, I try to figure out how they get them all on the screen at once.  Not with Orphan Black.  The main characters are all clones who were raised in separate countries.  My favorite is an insane Ukranian called Helena.  (Note:  the character really is out of her mind and I'm not throwing rocks at Ukrainians.  I had Ukrainian grandparents.)  Sarah, another clone, calls her Meathead.  Helena calls Sarah seestra (sister).

That was my long explanation about the name for my Coexist socks.  This is the chose your adventure style socks.  I was surprised to discover that there are 8! different choices, four each in science fiction and fantasy.  I'm being forced to choose between Doctor Who and Firefly.  I can't do it.  There will be two socks, seestras, with the same yarn and different patterns.

Next week, will I choose Star Wars or Star Trek?  Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings?  Harry Potter or Narnia?  (Probably not Narnia because I've never read it.)  Stay tuned.

No comments: