Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Love Your Library-Ready for April

My March socks came out really well.  I've been working on a way to make both the legs and the feet fit properly and it seems to have worked on this pair.

April's book is The Enchanted Sole by Janel Laidman.  I have no idea why I haven't been knitting my way through this book.  The patterns are mostly for advanced sock knitters.  There are lots of different textures and colors.  The inspiration for the sock patterns are myths and legends.  The one I selected is La Licorne.  The reference is to the French medieval Lady and the Unicorn tapestries.  I got to see them when I was in Paris, so the pattern jumped right out at me.  The unusual part of this pair is some embroidery done on the completed socks.

Getting them done in a month is going to be a challenge.  I've got my weekly afghan squares, a three month shawl project, Doctor Who challenges that start tomorrow, plus a bunch of stuff that I suddenly just had to start.  I've got a big tote bag full of project bags.  It's crazy but fun.

Head for Snapdragon Crafts to see what other LYL-ers have been up to.

1 comment:

Lucy Bowen said...

You sound like you are doing really well. I have the bag of WIP's too, but none from my library!!