Saturday, February 9, 2013

What do I do with it?

This is:
  • 500 yards of 3 ply sock yarn
  • 40% merino/40% mohair/20% nylon
  • darker green than the picture (I tried taking a picture indoors and it came out looking blue)
  • one of the oldest yarns in my stash
  • one of the yarns on my use-it-or-lose-it list
500 yards is too much for one pair of socks but not enough for two pair. The mohair makes it a bad idea for anything that would go anywhere near my neck (shawls and the like).

It was a swap gift that came from a mill in Canada. It's nice yarn and I want to use it, but I'm stuck.

Update: I have an idea now. I've been checking the Ravelry pattern recommendations every day. They've gotten a lot better for me (baby and children patterns haven't shown up). There's a horseshoe shaped shawlette that looks like it will work. The tips can be made to overlap a little bit. It sits on top of whatever you're wearing and not next to the skin.

No comments: