Friday, January 25, 2013

Strange but fun

I've got my sock clubs down to 3: Cookie A 2013 and two shorter-term Doctor Who-themed clubs.

I got a skein from the Doctor Who? club today. It's very pretty. Maybe it's because everything else is gray today, but the colors practically glow. I read the color name on the tag and was confused. I could've sworn I got some yarn with the exact same name and it was recently. I took a picture and put it in my Ravelry stash.

::spoiler alert! do not scroll to earlier posts in this blog if you are a Mad Geek who wants to be surprised::

I looked at my stash listings and sure enough, there it was. The Time Traveler club used the exact same inspiration for the exact same month. There is some color similarity but less than you'd think. I like both yarns and have no problem with getting them a few days apart. It is just strange that with all of time and space and years of tv episodes to use for inspiration, the same thing was picked at the same time.

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Was it Medusa Cascade? I liked Nerd Girls one, but haven't seen Mad Color..I went with the Steampunk option this time around...(which I have now run into a bunch of Steampunk clubs) It's a luscious yarn BFL and Silk..in greens and browns...It wants to be a shawl

Paula said...

Is it Shiny (70 BFL/30 Silk)? That's the same stuff as the Doctor Who yarn (which is Medusa Cascade). It's got green, blue, gray, brown, and a touch of purple. It hasn't told me what it wants to be yet.