Friday, October 26, 2012

The latest distraction

I got a new Knit Picks catalog the other day. For a change, the only thing I was tempted by was a free pattern. It's just the right size for a gift card and it can be used as a Christmas ornament.
I made it using the square DPNs from Kollage. They're supposed to be easier on your hands and result in more even stitches. They are recommended for people who knit tight. I'm definitely not one of those people. The tips are extremely pointy and sharp. My cats will come up while I'm knitting and try to scratch their faces on my needles. I had to be careful for that not to happen while I was using these needles or I would've ended up at the emergency vet. Other than the pointiness, they were okay. I think I'll have to try them on a larger project before deciding whether I like them or not.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I bought a pair on the yarn crawl, but haven't used them yet...I have a square crochet hook too, which I have used, but it feels too big...