Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ten Eleven Twelve

That's today's date. I'm easily amused.

I visited one of my Local Yarn Stores the other day. I ended up spending more than I intended but I did have a coupon. It was more than I intended minus 10% so that's one good thing.

I neglected to bring my reading glasses with me. This is a mistake I'll be unlikely to repeat. I picked up a couple of balls of pretty pink/lavender/green yarn in a wool-silk blend. I didn't note the price until I got home. Yikes! I picked out a shawlette pattern based on the yardage I bought. This turned out to be a mistake, too. At least it wasn't my mistake. According to the pattern, I should've had more than enough to finish. I ended up 15 rows short. That's 15 of the longest rows. I think I'll frog it and make the hat I was considering in the first place.

The other purchase was yarn to redo the back of a vest (one of the UFOs). I brought some yarn back from Ireland a long time ago. There was enough to do the front of a vest. I knit the back with yarn that I've been pretending was a close enough match. It isn't close enough so I'm doing it over. I looked at every green yarn in the entire store. I told myself all I had to do was match the color. As long as the yarn wasn't bulky or thicker, I'd find a way to work with it. I found one yarn that matched. Of course it was bulky, but I think I can make it work.

No comments: