Friday, May 4, 2012

Start Attack

Startitis, I haz it:
  • Nanaimo Socks, Cookie A club pattern, about to turn the heel on sock 1.  These were started when I was working on something that required massive amounts of counting and chart watching.  I wasn't feeling that well, so I needed something easy.
  • Redbud Socks, Rocking Sock Club pattern, halfway down the leg on sock 1.  These were started when I was feeling better and got bored with the Nanaimo socks.
  • Audrey's Elfin Leaves scarf.  When the yarn for this showed up, I stopped working on other things and worked on it.  It has 74 repeats of this leaf pattern on it and I nearly went back to working on one of the socks before I finished the leaves.  I may actually finish this before something else distracts me.
  • Epic Tardis Afghan.  I've been successfully piling other knitting on top of it for months.  I will finish it at some point.
  • Hopsalot bunny slippers.  They just need to be felted and sewn together.  I'm not sure where the parts are.
The list might continue into the next decade, except I ran into problems.  I'm going to knit someone a pair of socks.  I have plenty of time for that.  I have the right yarn.  I have a good pattern, except it isn't the right size for the person.  ::rant on:: Designers, my opinion is that it is your responsibility to supply size options to people who purchase your patterns.  It is not our responsibility to monkey around with multiple yarn weights until a round peg is wedged into a square hole.  I want to make socks with fingering and not dk or lace weight.  ::rant off::

Finally, there's the Tardis Shawl.  The yarn that I thought I was going to use hasn't arrived yet.  USPS told me I would have it yesterday.  After deciding to use this particular yarn, I found out that the yardage wouldn't be adequate.  I give up.  I'm officially in the queue at Jimmy Beans Wool for the official yarn for the shawl.

It looks like I've been stopped in my tracks for now.  However, I saw some really cute fair isle toy mice that the cats might like.  Maybe I could do those before going back to the socks?  And there's that cool-looking Mini Mania scarf.  I might be able to get the lid back on my sock yarn leftover bin if I started that.

No comments: