Sunday, May 13, 2012

Greetings from Weatherfield and Stars Hollow

I am vegging out with my knitting and videos.  My brother sent the latest Coronation Street tape (Canada should be caught up with the UK in a few months.  Yay!).  I've been going through Gilmore Girls withdrawal.  It used to be on tv every day and now it isn't.  I found a great deal on the whole series on DVD so I can watch it whenever I want to.

My favorite thing that I finished in the past week is this scarf:
I like Noro.

I did two Wee Tiny socks (snowflake=ugh-ly, brick house=cute).  I got the set of patterns from the first year of the Wee Tiny Sock Club and plan to do all of them. 

Yes, I've still got startitis.   I began a scarf pattern that uses up leftover sock yarn which is a very Good Thing around here.  I got a case of the dumb when attempting to execute the fairly simply stitch pattern.  It is turning into more of a double-knitting pattern instead of what it was supposed to be.  I'll finish the one I started and then do another one correctly.  Well, at least I'll try to do it correctly.  Come winter, I'll have a whole box of scarves and mittens to donate to people who might need them.

P.S.  I got my "It's the BBC, Baby!" swap this week and it was very cool.  Among the delightful gifties was an amigurumi whale and bowls of petunias stitch markers (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)  a pretty shawl (representing a towel), and a hand-knit Tardis.  I'm a lucky duck.


No comments: