Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Catchup

I've been staying away from posting stuff because I was dealing with people who were not playing nice.  Not here on the blog, but elsewhere online.  I have no patience with people who complain about things some people do and then turn around and do the same freaking thing themselves.  Okay, I've vented a bit and I'm over it.  Now onto my fibery mischief.

I signed up for the Rockin Sock Club and got my first shipment today.  I joined because the yardage on the skeins was supposed to go up over 400 yards, and the skein I got has the usual 360.  Sigh.  I wasn't going to complain, but I guess sometimes it just leaks out.  Never mind.  It turns out the label was wrong.

Nerd Wars tournament 4 starts today.  I submitted my dissertation (big project) and it was approved!  I've failed to complete it in the past two tournaments, so I submitted a much smaller big project (two shawlettes).  I wasn't sure they'd approve it but am happy they did.  I've started in on two of the little projects, have sort-of ideas for two more, and have no clue on the last ones.

I'm knee-deep in projects even without the Nerd Wars stuff, yet I keep coming up with more. Someone on Ravelry is doing a Nerd Garland, which gave me ideas.  I really like making itty bitty things, so a garland to hang them from would be good.  I'm thinking of a Doctor Who garland.  I'll knit the actual garland part from the Advent Garland pattern I did in December.  I'll use the pinback buttons on it instead of regular clothing buttons.  Maybe I can do some things to tie into Nerd Wars.  Hmmmmmm.

No comments: