Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy New Year of the Dragon

dragon2 by Paula knits
dragon2, a photo by Paula knits on Flickr.

I took a little time out to crochet this little guy. The late magazine knit.1 had a set of Chinese Zodiac amigurumi several years ago. I've been making one each year. This one joins the ox, tiger, and hare. I should take some time out to learn my camera better. The dragon is actually a traffic-light green.

I'm pretty much over the mitten mania. I made five pair. What I have been working on is the epic Tardis afghan. I'm motivated by wanting to start the Great American Aran Afghan. It has been on the back burner because I was looking for a bargain price on the wool. It takes something like 4000 yards. I found some at Discontinued Name Brand Yarns. It is cones of New Zealand wool. I'm expecting it'll be a bit scratchy, but I think that'll be okay. Even with the shipping it was half the price of the next cheapest option.

No comments: