Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fibery mail day

Happy fibery mail day, with a Knit Picks catalog and two skeins of yarn.  First is a trade:

This was a little risky because I never received the yarn in the last trade I did.  Not only did this arrive, the USPS says that the yarn I sent is out for delivery.  Whew!  This is The Sanguine Gryphon's Skinny Bugga.  I had hoped to get some more of this after I got some in the Cookie A sock club.  The most recent Cookie A offering was some really nice yarn except it was red.  I don't do red.  Life's too short to knit with yarn in a color I don't care for, so I was able to swap for this.  Thanks, Kathy!

The second skein is from Indigodragonfly's Smart Ass Knitters/World Domination Club.  I admit that I joined the club because the name made me laugh.  The yarns are no joke, though.

This is two ply organic merino in the colorway Goodbye Kitty.  The actual color's a bit lighter than the picture.  The kitty is on a project bag.  It is the same Eco produce bag that I've gotten from the Cookie A club.  They are more practical than the ones I have made.  They'll hold a pattern in a plastic sleeve without folding it and still have plenty of space for yarn and needles.  Two paws up!

No comments: