Monday, July 12, 2010

Tour de Fleece Rest Day


day9
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
I have been spinning, as you can see by this. I clearly need more practice, but I think it is better than what I did last year.

On my rest day, I went to the post office to send some yarn to a Ravelry person. She needed some discontinued yarn that I happened to have in my stash. I hope the dye lots are close enough for it to work well for her. Then I went to the most local of my lys, Only Ewe and Cotton Too. I prepaid for a groovy skein of alpaca sock yarn from Yarns on Stage. Go over there and see the cute sheep that display the limited edition hand-dyed colors. They are really cute, and the yarn's great, too.

Then I came home and worked on the Grouchy Couch (that's the correct name) from Knitting Mochimochi. My only concern is having enough yarn. It doesn't look like it should take two skeins of the main color, yet the pattern calls for two. Fingers crossed!

No comments: