Friday, May 7, 2010

FO Friday


shortyscar
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
I've discovered there's a reason that some UFOs are unfinished. Sometimes you hit a point with them where you just have to set them aside, calm down, and work on something else. That's the story behind these socks. My current UFO is a tiny piece of cross stitch that must be done under a magnifying light. When patience ran out, I switched over to these. They are a short version of the Scar socks from Sock Wars 3. I used my handspun Phat Fiber/alpaca blend. They aren't going to win any beauty contests, but they fit great and the pattern works with the weight of yarn I created. I've learned several things about how I do and don't want to spin and knit things together. I expect my next batch of spinning to show more improvement. I had enough yarn leftover that I'm making another pair with a pattern of my own design. I think I can combine the yarn colors so they look better, too.

No comments: