Friday, May 14, 2010

Finished Object Friday


pbqfront
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
Ta Daaaaah! There are 80 different colored fabrics in that quilt. It was so much fun, I'm starting another one. It's the spring flower sampler from last month's Fab Shop Hop.

I still have one or two bags of UFOs to dig out. They are both stashed away in the same area as the stand for my Dazor lamp. If I pick out all the fabrics for the new quilt, I can get to that area more easily. That's the excuse I'm using, anyway.

I'm continuing to (hand spindle) spin the big box of brown yarn samples. I read this tutorial and almost immediately got thinner and more consistent yarn. It was the drafting that I hadn't been doing quite right. A friend very generously gave me a big bag of brown fiber when she found out I was looking for some to ply with the samples. It's so relaxing to spin, especially as a break from cross-stitch.

I'm working on several small cross-stitch pieces that will eventually be part of a project bag for a swap. I read this morning that the recipient of my swap would like socks. Since I have the time and the yarn, I think I will make her both.

No comments: