Saturday, July 12, 2008

Slow Dancing with the Bee

I did it. I restarted the Slow Bee Mystery shawl. It consists of three sections on either side of a band that runs down the center. It was mostly okay except on of the sections on one side had a some errors. They got worse and worse and it finally hit the point where I knew I couldn't live with them.

Yes, I know about lifelines and no, I didn't use them. The yarn doesn't lend itself to stiches being picked back up very well, so I chose not to do that. What I'm doing differently this time is putting an extra stitch marker in each of the six sections. It's just before the middle stitch. I'm also marking the middle stitch on the pattern sheets. This way, I'll know early enough to fix things.

Instead of completely frogging my work and rewinding the yarn, I'm knitting off of the previous work. The original shawl's in a cardboard box to catch any of the beads that escape.

If anybody's looking for me, I'll be sitting here, knitting the Slow Bee and listening to podcasts.

No comments: