Thursday, July 10, 2008

Olympic Needlework Notes

I'm involved in two groups, both of which involve knitting and crocheting during the Olympics. The projects are tangled up between the groups, so I'm using this post to help untangle them.

The Ravelympics
are open to any knitter or crocheter on Ravelry ready to challenge themselves to complete a project (or projects) within 17 days during the Summer Olympics.
I am on Team Hopelessly Overcommitted. The reason will be clear shortly. My events are Sock Put (see Smackdown) and Amigurumi Toss. The latter will be covered partly under Smackdown but mainly by Sam the Ram. I've already done him once, incorrectly. He's much, much harder than he looks.

Summer Yarn Smackdown. My events are Advanced Sock, Crochet Amigurumi, Granny Square, and Goofy. I have no clue what Goofy will involve, except that it may involve knit or crochet. Each of these events involve making and mailing something before somebody makes and mails it to you.

Clearly, I've lost what little of my mind was left.

No comments: