Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Experiments and Notre Dame

I’ve been goofing around and experimenting with yarn ideas lately.  I spun some of the Bohemian Breeze fibers and of course got bored after not too long.  It occurred to me that the yarn could be used in a project currently in time out.  It is the Rose Window Beanie from Knitty.  I was sad about the Notre Dame fire and wanted to do a project related to Notre Dame.  Long story a bit shorter, hat came out okay but not exactly as I imagined.  I tossed it on the small mountain of completed but unblocked hats.

I remembered a little rose window necklace I brought back from Paris.
The new experiment is a hat based on this.  I suspect it cannot be done with yarn in my stash.  There are many problems worse than this.  

Here are my latest indulgences.  There’s an extremely long and boring story behind this.  The only interesting part was a flattened post office mailing box with a tire track across it.  When opening a box like that, do not expect any needles inside to be in the correct number of pieces.  I got these yarns with the third try for the needles.

Hedgehog Fibers Skinny Singles in Piggy Bank

Lorna’s Laces in Virginia Islands 

Of course I don’t have plans for them.   Look, Hedgehog Fibers in multicolored speckles!   It does not need to be associated with a project to make me happy.  The Lorna’s Laces are like a whole basket of Easter eggs.  They both helped protect the needles that traveled successfully from Nevada to Georgia.  Yay and thank you Jimmy Beans.


1 comment: