Saturday, April 13, 2019

Blankets

I’ve decided to do blankets/afghans for my National Parks project.  Yup, plural.  I went through my Favorites on Ravelry and found two fingering weight designs that I liked.  One requires 13 colors, the other 18.  This will give me lots of time to acquire yarn.  It also gives me permission to buy things on a whim.  I preordered a Cuyahoga colorway this week.  It is good to have a reason beyond just wanting it.

The second blanket will be a knitted log cabin design.  The yarn is Lion Brand Heartland in 15 solids inspired by National Parks.  I am not a fan of acrylic yarn, but it does mean I can donate it to charity once I have the fun of making it.  Between the online discounts from JoAnn and the cash I just got back on a credit card it is basically free.  Yay for a free project!

I still haven’t blocked my hats.  Here’s the one I just finished. It used leftovers from other hats.  The background color didn’t quite make it to the end, but I think it still looks okay


No comments: