Friday, April 12, 2019

Rocky Mountain National Park

I haven’t decided what form my National Parks yarn project is going to take.  I have started collecting yarns to represent parks I have visited.  There will also be yarns for parks I wish I had been to.

The first one I visited and the only one with multiple visits is Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.  I liked it so much that I knew as a teenager that I wanted to live in Colorado some day.  I did end up there for nearly 20 years.

The yarn I picked is from a Colorado dyer, HollyPressFibers.  The self-striping colorway is The Historían Takes a Hike - Rocky Mountain National Park.

The sticker is from a designer I spotted on Etsy., Eiman Design.  The stickers will be part of a journal I am making as part of the project.

I am still knitting while I am plotting my next move.  My obsession with hats and Shetland wool continues.  I found the annual projects for Shetland Wool Week and now have to knit All The Hats.  A bunch of them are waiting to be blocked then they will be posted.

No comments: