Friday, May 3, 2019

Socks!

I have managed to cut back on the number of sock projects.   It is inevitable that they would eventually call to me again and today’s the day.

I spotted Pizza Party Socks in my Ravelry recommendations.  They are simple socks with a cute band of pepperoni slices around the foot.  If you happen upon this post in May 2019, you can go get the pattern for free.

Speaking of free, Spillyjane has a buy 3 get 2 free deal on through May 15.  I am a big fan of her sock and mitten patterns, so I jumped right on this.  I was worried that I might make duplicate purchases.  No worries because Ravelry tells you if a pattern is already in your library.

Speaking of Spillyjane, she’s got two new sock patterns in the Summer issue of Interweave Knits.  I have been avoiding that publication after hearing that their financial troubles have left some designers without payments.  I don’t know the details of this so I am not throwing rocks at anyone.  I just hope all the designers get the payments they deserve.  Back to the point, I got the digital edition and there were a number of things I would like to do.  There are some fun lobster socks that have joined two Spillyjane pair in my queue.  There are some pretty sweaters and the patterns could fit large old ladies despite being shown on teeny young models.

Sock yarn continues to successfully tempt me.  I love yarn that does things other than just sit there and look nice.  I got some UV reactive yarn that glows under a black light.  No, I don’t usually have black lights around.  It was probably a silly purchase, but I like it.


I also like yarns that relate to other things I like.  The yarns I have on the way from A Hundred Ravens are Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who) and Neuromancer (a favorite science fiction book).

If you like these sorts of things and you’re a Star Wars fan, head over to Must Stash tomorrow.  May the Fourth be with you!


No comments: