Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Still More Yarn


It wasn’t all self indulgence.  The two skeins on the left are from A Hundred Ravens.  Their trailer was stolen at a yarn festival last month.  I like their yarn and wanted to do a little something toward their recovery.

The other three skeins were from a Jimmy Beans grab bag.  It included a pattern, some wooden buttons, and an accessory bag.  You had a choice of weight and color.  The yarns were otherwise a surprise.  The one in the middle is from Madelinetosh, which I like.  The next one is more peachy pink in real life.  It is Lorna’s Laces Sportmate, which I like and wanted to use again.  The pink on the end is Cobasi by HiKoo.  This is cotton, bamboo, elastic nylon, and silk.  Cotton and bamboo are two of my least favorite fibers.  Maybe nylon and silk will temper the scratchy feeling the others give.  I am willing to give them a try.  The yarns alone would’ve cost about 40% more than the grab bag did.  I am trying to not go back for more.

No comments: