Thursday, September 13, 2018

WIP: Weather in Progress

I’ve been knitting and watching the approach of Florence on the Weather Channel.  Looks like we’ll only get about a day of rain in north Georgia.  Best wishes to the folks in the Carolinas.  They’ve got to suffer through a big wet windy mess.

As for the other kind of WIPs, it is knit one, frog two.  The advent calendar had some corrections to the pattern after I already knit the affected section.  Taking apart something with 31 color changes in each row is challenging.  I think I’ve figured out how to approach it.  The new section of the pattern is out tomorrow.  I am going to try to hold off on starting it so I can avoid more complicated frogging.
A quick shot of where it is now:

I’ve been working on Ixchel, aka the moon sweater.  I took a good look at it and have decided there are errors I can’t live with.  I can’t face another dip in the frog pond right now.

Fortunately a new project popped up at the perfect time.  Tour de Sock is giving us another pattern to do just for fun.  It is called Vixen and has many textured patterns and no colorwork.  I have some fox colored yarn that’s been gathering dust in my stash for over a decade.  Really.

No comments: