Thursday, September 6, 2018

Once Upon a Sock - September 2018

I picked an odd time to do a monthly sock report.  I’m in sock frogging mode more than knitting.

As previously posted, I bailed on the final socks for Tour de Sock.  Here’s the one I finished, then frogged back before the incorrect heel, then gave up when I could not get the stitch count right.
I don’t feel too bad about it.  I wasn’t the only experienced sock knitter on my team who had trouble and quit.

Before that pattern was released, I started on a pair of Seventh Doctor socks.  These may also be frogged.  The fit isn’t going to be right.  I tried putting the question marks in two different ways.  Neither way worked.  This is duplicate stitch and still doesn’t quite work.

Nothing is planned for socks until next month’s Handmade Sock Society pattern.  Maybe working on the other things will get me back to socks.

1 comment:

Paula Cacciola said...

Hi there and welcome to Once Upon a Sock! I can't wait to see what you decide on for your frogged socks. They are super cute; however I totally understand the need when the fit isn't right.