Saturday, August 9, 2014

Whimsical vs. Practical

It had to happen. I'm a third of the way through a sweater. It's practical. I will actually wear it. It isn't geeky or goofy in any way. The needle on my internal whimsy meter moved all the way over to max whimsy. This resulted in an online shopping trip.
I'm blaming it on SpillyJane. She's been knitting some gargoyles. This reminded me that I've got both a medium and a large gargoyle in my queue. I decided that I must make them as soon as possible. That's what most of the yarn's for. The colorful stuff is fingering weight. It got me free shipping so it is actually practical.

Speaking of SpillyJane, she's about to come out with a mitten book. I'm a big fan of her designs so I'll be watching for the book to appear.

1 comment:

Dudleyspinner said...

A nice yarn selection. I love the colorful one. Of course I do, it looks like tie dye!