Friday, August 22, 2014

It's Capalday!

Well, it is in the UK and that's what counts to a Whovian. I've been waiting almost a year for Peter Capaldi to take over the TARDIS as the 12th Doctor. Dinner was a bit of a challenge to plan. The only clue there was for a 12-themed meal was kidneys. Ewwww, no. I settled on fish fingers (that's fish sticks in the US) and bow tie pasta with alfredo sauce (renamed Alonso sauce for the occasion). Dessert is tea and Scottish shortbread.

My knitting project will be the Longer on the Inside scarf. The two remaining yarns arrived today. If I could hop back in time, I would've done the scarf in fingering weight because it's a tad too heavy for a Georgia winter. I don't have a TARDIS so I'll be happy that I've got all the correct yarn and that I can knit it on Capalday!

No comments: