Thursday, October 10, 2013

Off the yarn diet

I've been pretty good about not buying yarn. I even talked myself out of another yarn club (cool idea, but it was international and the postage made it unreasonably expensive). Discount codes and coupons started accumulating, so I decided to use some of them as birthday presents.
From left to right:
  • Black Trillium Fibers superwash merino in the Saltwater colorway
  • Candy Skein superwash merino/silk in the Foilwrapper colorway
  • Candy Skein merino/nylon in the Candy Corn colorway
  • Lorna's Laces merino/nylon in the Franklin's Panopticon colorway
I also ordered two sets of Doctor Who-themed mini skeins from Geek Chic Yarns.

I snapped two of my Knit Picks dpns in the past week. Between that and having to double check the sizes every time I used them, I'd had it with the set. I ordered a set of Knitter's Pride Dreamz dpns. Each size is a different color. I think that will make knitting happier.

I could use another present. I wonder if there's a US-based yarn club that I'd like to try?

No comments: