Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What's next?

I don't know if I'm in a negative frame of mind or if it is a whole run of screw ups. I bailed on the second sock in a pair. It had embroidery on it and it came out looking yucky. I restarted the afghan square I was working on. It was coming along fine this time and I found a mis-crossed cable. It's quite a way back and it has to be fixed. Sigh.

I may have mentioned pre-ordering a book called American Sock Knitting. It arrived yesterday. There are 13 patterns, each inspired by a different part of the United States. There are some recipes, too. The patterns come from a lot of different designers. I think I'd like to make most of them.

I signed up for this year's Super Sock Scarefest. I did it in 2008 and for some idiot reason forgot about it until it appeared in my Ravelry suggestions this week. Heatherly Walker aka YarnYenta is the scary mind behind this. I think she may have been how I found the American Sock Knitting book (she has a pattern in it). But I digress. A new pattern is released every 10 days between September 1 and October 31. They all have some kind of scary theme. One pair called The Gardener had this on the back of the heel:

Prizes can be won, but I'm just aiming at some stash busting.

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I ordered Amercian Sock Knitting on Friday..the last day to pre-order...glad it sounds good..oh my gosh I think I'll have to sign up for that other things...spiders..love them!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I just joined...enabler....