Friday, March 30, 2012

FO Friday/Nerdy update

binaryhat by Paula knits
binaryhat, a photo by Paula knits on Flickr.

I usually knit while I watch tv. Cable was out for nearly three days so I didn't make quite as much as usual. The swap situation is under control and Nerd Wars is done. Well, it is done until the new challenges come up on Sunday.

They've got a new outside-the-battles activity that sounds like fun to me. Each team is designing a square that represents their particular nerddom. There will be a knit and crochet version of each. Those that wish to will be able to test knit/crochet the squares and earn bonus points.

The designs are being done for six inch squares of worsted weight yarn. I'm already planning on doing my bonus points version with fingering weight. I'm thinking of making pillows out of my squares instead of the suggested scarf. I'm also thinking of doing both knit and crochet versions because it sounds like fun.

No comments: