Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Yarn Day

No, it's not an actual holiday. It is a day that I got a bunch of yarn and it makes me happy.



There aren't too many things more dangerous than feeling a bit blue and having a PayPal credit balance. I've been trying not to reach SABLE (Stash Acquisiton Beyond Life Expectancy), but sometimes you just have to ignore that and go shopping.

The turquoise/pink/etc color is a yummy 50/50 silk/merino from Nerd Girl Yarns. It's called Bibbity Bobbity Boo and was the most indulgent in the pile.

In front of it is the latest shipment from the Big Damn Sock Club. I didn't know what was going to be coming for the club. The only yarn that I "needed" right now was something in a purple semisolid with more yardage than the average skein. This has 490 yards. It put the happy in happy yarn day.

The yellow yarn with the sparkles is Meta-crisis, also from Nerd Girl Yarns. It's Doctor Who themed (Meta-crisis = DoctorDonna) so I needed it for Nerd Wars. It's irrelvant that I won't know for a couple more weeks whether I will be on Team Tardis again or not. Well, not relevant to me. At least not very relevant.

The other two yarns are also Doctor Who themed (see above for why I had to have them). They, along with the Big Damn yarn are from Schmutzarella Yarns. The white with pale lavender is called The Fat Just Walks Away. The green/red/etc is called The Legs, The Nose, and Mrs. Robinson. Whovians will understand why that one makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I just found her yarns, but haven't bought any yet...I'm waiting until after this weekend...as I'm going to WEBS tent sale...