Thursday, May 5, 2011

Enough with the mittens already!

camilla by Paula knits
camilla, a photo by Paula knits on Flickr.

The Camilla mittens are appearing again, because they have been honored. They have been nominated for a Nerd Wars fan favorite. There's no way in the world that they'll win, but it was a nice surprise to be nominated. It's no false modesty. There's this jacket that someone on the Babylon 5 team did that is freaking incredible. It better win. I hope it's a comfort to Team Rangers, because they are going down. It looks like they are the closest competition to Team Tardis. Close, but no banana, Team Rangers.

What have I been up to? I got out my drop spindle. I now have about 300 yards of mystery fiber. I think there's alpaca, bamboo, something shiny, and maybe more in it. I started the harder of the two Cookie A patterns in the latest club shipment. It's really challenging. Two different patterns come down at a diagonal and form an X on the front and the back of the leg. It's not going to win any prizes, but I'm having fun.

No comments: