Saturday, May 21, 2011

Checking In

I've been kind of lost without Nerd Wars. I thought I'd be getting all sorts of things done between tournaments, but that hasn't been the case. Most of my efforts have involve ant squishing and spraying. There have been a few new fibery things here and there.

Only Ewe and Cotton Too is the most local of the four LYS here. It's even more local now. If you know where The Silos are*, that's where it moved. I haven't been there yet.

I finished one pair of my Cookie A club socks. I (re)started the second pair. Then the mail showed up and I got distracted.

The distraction was a fluff box from Phat Fiber. After a year of trying, I finally got another box. I gathered up all my little fiber samples and have been spinning them on the spindle (still too chicken to try the wheel again). They're going to be slippers eventually.

*The Silos are near The Castle. The Castle is a favorite of mine. From the intersection near The Silos, go west on Arnold Mill for about a mile. It's on the left. Watch for the garden gnomes.

No comments: