Friday, April 23, 2010

Stitches South


ss2010
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
This plus a couple of skeins of Cascade 200 heathers was all I bought. There were tons of great things. I just ran out of steam pretty fast. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in several weeks and it affects just about everything.

You'd think that the last thing I need is yet another sock pattern book. I bought this one, Think Outside the Sox, on a whim. After seeing the sample socks and looking through the book, it was a good purchase. The more than 60 (yeah, sixty!) designs were winners in a contest held by Knitter's Magazine. If you're a sock knitter who wants a challenge, get a copy of this book. The folks who created these patterns really did think outside the box. I couldn't imagine how this really cool pair of leopard spotted socks were done. I won't give it away, but it was definitely not something I would've thought to do.

The yarns are all sock, big surprise there. Two are from Lisa Souza, since I enjoyed the yarns I bought from her last year. Two are from The Sanguine Gryphon, because I'd heard good things about the company. The messy one in the center is Crazy Zauberball and I bought it mostly on a whim. The little thing in front of it is a pin I got at a Ravelry gathering. Bob, the Ravelry mascot, has a peach in his mouth and is sitting among some dogwood blossoms. It's cute.

If you're in the Atlanta area this weekend, head out to the Galleria and check out Stitches South.

No comments: