Sunday, October 4, 2009

Shop Hop - Stop 1


luluhop1
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
As a birthday present to myself, I decided to do the Atlanta Shop Hop this year. I've been wanting to knit Vogue Knitting's Map of the World Afghan. Since the Shop Hop requires you to spend a little at each shop, I'm buying the yarn for the afghan as I travel around.

Stop 1 was Only Ewe and Cotton Too! in Milton (formerly Alpharetta).

What I like there: no matter who is there, they are friendly and helpful. The shop's fairly small, but has an excellent selction of yarn and accessories. They've even got spinning fiber. Only Ewe shares space with a shop called The Bead Bug, so there are lots of beads available, too.

Freebie: each shop is giving away a pattern to Hop participants. Only Ewe's is a pattern for Advent Stockings. They are mini-socks that can be tagged with numbers and used as an advent calendar. They had a small Christmas tree decorated with the socks and it was really pretty.

Lulu and I will be heading east tomorrow.

No comments: