Monday, October 26, 2009

Iron Knitter

I knit in Sock Wars I, II, and III. All three were frustrating experiences. It looks like I wasn't the only one with problems. Participation dropped 75% between SWIII and SWIV.

Sock Wars V is planned to start early next year. I have zero confidence that the bugs have been worked out, so I'm not participating in the "killing" portion of the festivities. However, a new activity has been added and I've already signed up. Iron Knitter is a bit like the Sock Knitter's Pentathalon. There will be six patterns. You knit the socks to fit yourself and post a picture of them to a Flickr group. A percentage of people to complete each sock go on to compete in the next sock. There's no mailing of anything, no sizing of socks to someone else's feet, and no relying on multiple flaky warriors. For $4, I figured I could take a chance on this.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I have really enjoyed looking at your blog, especially the road trip/yarn shop one! I found you on NaBloPoMo. I am a beginner knitter, just scarves right now. (I taught myself by watching YouTube, how cheesy is that?) I love all things knitting. Great blog.

Paula said...

Thanks for posting! Nothing wrong with learning from YouTube. I see more experienced folks learning techniques there all the time. I'm going to head over to NaBloPoMo to check out blogs myself.