Saturday, April 25, 2009

Less planning, more knitting!

It's been one of those mornings. I click on one thing and then another and suddenly I've got more things that I want to do than I can reasonably expect to do.

It started with Lime & Violet's Daily Chum. They were talking about some Knitty surprise, which included a new sock pattern. It was designed for multicolored hand dyed yarns. It has a groovy new technique. I had to download Target Practice immediately. I've been looking for a pattern for this Bliss: I think this pattern is uh, right on target.
Ahead of this are two single socks, a small shawl, two pair of Sock Madness socks, and a pair of Cookie A knitalong socks. Also, the new Knit.1 has sock patterns including a brand new Cookie A design. I'm trying to wait to go hunt down the magazine, but it's difficult.

While I was at Knitty, I spotted Imagine. A tip of the hand-knitted beret to designer Karen Alfke for making a pattern in a wide range of sizes. This one won't make the queue until I can afford to buy the yarn for this. Still, it's there taunting me. I'll put the pattern away with the World Afghan & Pillows. Thank goodness I didn't have this yesterday. I would've been tempted big time to buy the yarn at Stitches South.

No comments: