Thursday, June 7, 2007

Stitch markers and other thoughts

Yeah, I'm going to sign up for the second Harry Potter sock kit swap. I had fun putting the first kit together. I imagine that now that I've got some income, it'll be even more fun. I think I'll switch houses so I can use different colors this time. I'm thinking Hufflepuff. Yellow sounds appealing.

I haven't received my kit yet, but there are still two more weeks. I expect it to show up right about the time the next Socks That Rock yarn appears. Things could be a whole lot worse. Heh heh heh.

I wonder what constitutes a "set" of stitch markers? I got a set as a gift once, and there were 3. I sent my swap partner 2. I hope that wasn't some tremendous knitting faux pas. I like the looks of stitch markers, but never use the fancy kind. My electric toothbrush heads come with little plastic colored rings. They make great stitch markers. I can even cut the ring open. That way, I can knit the ring into a particular spot and then pull it out without damaging anything.

I haven't done my square of the month yet. I have finished both of my STR Tidal Wave socks. And I ended up frogging all of my Space Invaders sock. I couldn't figure out exactly where I was and the leg needed to be bigger, so I just started over.

No comments: