Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ravenclaw sock kit from Jennifer


I loved this kit and am going to go into detail, so prepare yourselves.

The knitting bag is nice and sturdy and big enough to hold knitting patterns or even books.

That's good, because I got 3 patterns in my kit! One is Tipsy by Gina House. It has a slip stitch pattern that looks like it'll be fun. Two is Snakes on a Sock by Miss Lime of Lime&Violet. Any pattern that ends with the instruction "Put on your feet and yell loudly 'Snakes on a sock!'" has to be my kind of pattern. Three is a Knit Picks pattern that teaches two socks at once done toe-up. I have got to try that.

There is a coin purse that's a little sock. That is so cool. I have no idea where you found such a thing, Jennifer. It gives me an idea for my next kit (no confirmation yet for round 2, but I'm still hoping).

There's a Harry Potter bookmark. It'll be perfect when the new book comes out in just a few more weeks.

The tube thing with a pointy end is a pen. Actually, it's a magic wand you can use as a pen. It'd be excellent for taking notes in any wizarding class. It's full of shiny things.

There's a pair of pretty stitch markers in Ravenclaw's colors of silver and blue.

There's a set of size 1 Crystal Palace bamboo needles. Yay, I dont' have to knit with my metal size ones any more.

Finally, there's the sock yarn. Yum. It's from dharmafey's cosmic fibers. It's so pretty. I think I'll go get my yarn winder out so I can play with it.

Thanks, Jennifer!

No comments: